Friday, September 20, 2019

Santa Catalinas
Revisitied

"Wise ones you ignore me
I ignore you fools
neither wise nor foolish
I'll disappear henceforth..." – Cold Mountain 30










1

A fine stampot of pork at the Dutch
Two ales and thoughts of whiskey
The streets of Tucson become lit up
and students pass in dark happy masks
I look north to the Santa Catalinas
for my daily earthly sustenance
the day I finally disappear as canyon
you will finally know who I am


2

the mind today pairs with electrodes
washed screens full of bright pixels
the world is an electric mess with no soul
and we spend our days knowing less
someday you will hold a canyon rock
and inspect it for its thousands of years
one strand will reflect your guazy eyes
you could still learn to live again










No comments:

Post a Comment